Accommodation Camp - Shetland Islands
- Setting out and Construction of Access Road and Accommodation Buildings and Excavation of 4,000m² of peat
- Construction of 615 foundation bases
- Installation of Sewerage Treatment Plant, services and drainage
- Construction of Astroturf Pitch
- Erection of 2m high Heras Fencing around site boundary
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
Total Form of Agreement
Total E&P UK Limited
February 2011 - August 2011
The Accommodation Block Ground works project was awarded to Roadbridge by Malthius in December 2010. This work forms part of the site set up for the construction of the Laggan Tormore Gas Terminal on the Shetland Islands.
A site on Sella Ness was chosen as the location for a modern, well-equipped temporary accommodation block with capacity to house up to 850 people. Infrastructure works commenced on April 2011. The temporary facilities include a shop, library, laundry, IT room, restaurant, gym and bar, as well as medical facility and five-a-side football pitch. This project was delivered ahead of schedule and within budget.