Corrib Gas Terminal
- The excavation of 450,000m³ of peat from site and transportation on public roads 11km to a Deposition Area.
- Excavation and deposition of 165,000m³ of unsuitable material
- Cut and Fill of 223,000m³ of suitable material
- 15,000m³ of structural concrete including reinforcement, shuttering and finishing.
- 4,000m of GRE and 3,000m of GRP Pipework for Oily Water Drainage and Fire Water Mains
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
Shell Form of Contract
Shell E&P Ireland Limited
December 2004 - June 2009
The Corrib Gas Terminal Earthworks Contract was awarded to Roadbridge in October 2004. Roadbridge'e alternative construction methods were designed by Fehily Timoney Gifford & Co. The Corrib Gas Terminal Civils & Foundations Contract was awarded to Roadbridge in August 2006.
This page details two separate contracts that were carried out by Roadbridge on behalf of Shell E&P at the Corrib Gas Terminal in Bellanaboy, Co. Mayo. This first package was the Bulk Earthworks Contract, and this was followed by the Civils and Foundations package. For more detail on both Contracts, please see the attached Data Sheets