Curraleigh West to Midleton
- 47km of spread for a 610mmØ 85 bar gas pipe
- 2 no. national road crossings, 49 no. regional road crossings
- 13 no. open cut stream crossings, 4 no. trenchless river crossings (by micro-tunneling)
- River Blackwater Crossing (140m in length) was done by micro-tunnel incorporating a vertical radius.
- River Bride (30m), River Araglin (30m) and River Dungorney (30m) crossings were also done by micro-tunneling
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
Fixed Price / Lump Sum
Bord Gais Ireland
March 2009 - October 2009
The Curraleigh to Midleton Gasline was awarded to the Sicim/Roadbridge JV in January 2009. This project came in ahead of schedule and within budget.
This contract comprises the preparing of 47km of spread for a 610mmØ 85 bar gas pipe, the excavation, backfill and reinstatement of the 47km and other ancillary works. Also there were modifications to existing AGI’s along the route. 1.2mØ internal concrete jacking pipes, weighing 3.2t each are used for tunneling