Galway Wind Park
- Excavation & construction of Hardstands and Bases for 69 WTG
- Construction of 2 new Sub-Stations and 1 new Operations Building
- Installation of 530km of electrical cabling
- Construction of 35km of new access roads
- Upgrade of 15km of existing roads and access tracks
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
FIDIC Design & Build Lump Sum Fixed Price
December 2014 - April 2017
The Galway Wind Park project was awarded to Roadbridge in November 2014. Roadbridge have also undertaken the position of Main Contractor and PSCS for the construction of the scheme. Fehily Timoney & Co. are the Designers for the project.
This project is situated near Oughterard, Co. Galway and involves the construction of a 69 Turbine Wind Farm that will be capable of supplying 220MW of power to the national grid. Roadbridge will also have responsibility for the management of the erection, connection and energisation of the 69Nr 3.2MW Siemens Turbines.