Gas to Wexford Town Lot 1
- Laying, testing and commissioning of 40km of 400mm PE100 Pipe
- Construction of District Regulator Installation (DRI)
- Installation of approximately 40 No. offtakes
- Interaction with live traffic on R733, R735, R736 and the N25
- Trenchless crossings of Corock River and Mulmontry River
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
IEI Civil Engineering Construction 3rd Edition with GNI Amendments
Gas Networks Ireland
September 2015 - April 2016
The Gas to Wexford Town: LOT 1 – Gas Feedermain project was awarded to Roadbridge in August 2015. Roadbridge has undertaken the role of Main Contractor and PSCS for the construction of the pipeline.
The project entails the laying, testing and commissioning of a 400mm diameter 4bar PE 100 Gas Feeder Main, from the tie-in position at Fisherstown AGI to Wexford Town. The pipeline is primarily constructed in roads and road verges. The route has an approximate length of 40km and runs along the R733, R735, R736 and the N25. The works also include the construction of a 180mm diameter 4bar PE 100 connection to Horeswood, the construction of and connection to a District Regulator Installation (DRI) and associated low pressure network in the town of Taghmon and the installation of approximately 40 No. offtakes.