M8 Cullahill to Cashel Motorway
- Project completed 7 months ahead of schedule
- 39.5km of 2-Lane Motorway
- 1,300,000m³ rock excavation and 1,008,000m² of road surfacing
- 14 no. underpasses, 5 no. under bridges
- 18 no. overbridges, 8 no. river bridges, 1 no. rail bridge
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
NEC3 Option C (Target Contract with Activity Schedule)
Kilkenny County Council
November 2006 - December 2008
The Cullahill to Cashel project is a target price contract awarded by the Kilkenny County Council under the National Development Plan. It was awarded to SRB Civil Engineering Ltd, a JV between Roadbridge and John Sisk & Son in August 2006. Roadbridge has undertaken contract work to the value of €140m as a partner sub-contractor. The project was brought in 7 months ahead of the scheduled completion date.
This contract comprises the earthworks, drainage, road construct, accommodation works, fencing and other ancillary works. The road scheme comprises 39.5km of 2-lane motorway together with associated interchanges and local roads. Principle quantities comprised 4,461,000m³ excavation.