M9 Junction 1A Improvement - Forth Replacement Crossing
- Construction of a new 3 span steel composite overbridge over the M9
- Widening of the existing Overton Road and B9080 under bridges
- Diversion of Swine Burn under link road
- Significant traffic management on 3 lane motorway with 40,000 AADT
- An Intelligent Transport System (ITS) with variable speed limits, including communications infrastructure, electrical work and variable message signs.
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
Design & Build (FIDIC Form)
July 2011 – February 2013
Roadbridge Sisk JV was appointed as the Main Contractor for this project in July 2011. Jacobs Arup are the Engineers for the client. This project was completed six weeks ahead of schedule and opened to the public in February 2013.
This project forms part of the overall Forth Replacement Crossing and involved the provision of new link roads between the M9 and the M9 Spur, including construction of over 800m of new link roads. The existing M9 was also widened over a length of approximately 1km, incorporating a new Westbound auxiliary and a new Eastbound lane. The ITS system included 17 overhead gantries, maintenance hard standings and carriageway traffic detectors.