Mayo Galway Gas Pipeline
- 132km of 660mm Gas Pipeline
- 5 no. national road crossings, 6 no. regional road crossings, 114 no. road and track crossings
- 87 no. river crossings and 5 no. rail crossings
- 5 no. above ground installations (AGI's)
- Environmental assessment undertaken to protect areas of conservation along the pipeline corridor
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
Fixed Price / Lump Sum
Bord Gais Networks
May 2005 - September 2006
The Mayo - Galway Gas Pipeline project was awarded to the SICIM /Roadbridge JV in April 2005 by Bord Gáis Networks.
This contract comprises the Civil Works associated with the construction of 132km of 660mm Gas Pipeline from Bellanaboy Co. Mayo to Ballymoneen Co. Galway. The project included the preparation and fencing of 132km of spread for the Pipeline and the excavation, backfilling and reinstating of 132km of pipeline and 3 way ducting and other ancillary works. Technical difficulties associated with the project included the crossing of the various rivers and the construction of pipelines in bog up to 5m deep in areas designated as SACs. Construction techniques were adopted to ensure that any adverse impact on these areas was minimized.