N18 Bunratty Pavement Rehabilitation Scheme
- Contra-flow, traffic management and recovery service to National Primary Route N18 (32,500 AADT)
- 10,600 tonnes of bituminous pavement material (including 2,600 tonnes of SMA)
- 29,023m2 of milling carried out and 2,400m3 of capping material and 1,318m3 of Cl.804
- 7,500m3 of LECA Lightweight fill aggregate
- 7.5km of linemarking and installation of road studs.
Contract Value :
Contract Type :
Public Works Contract for Minor Works
National Roads Authority (NRA)
Sept 2013 - Dec 2013
The N18 Bunratty Pavement Rehabilitation Scheme was awarded to Colas Roadbridge JV as a works package as part of the Motorway Maintenance and Renewals Network B Framework Contract (MMaRC). Colas Roadbridge (CR JV) undertook the position of Main Contractor and PSDP and PSCS for the construction works. The site works were carried out by Roadbridge.
The works associated with this project involved the reconstruction and overlay of existing 1.6km dual carriageway using lightweight fill material. The scope of works also included emergency structural repair and waterproofing to existing underpass structure. The project was located adjacent to the heritage village of Bunratty and Bunratty castle environs (400,000 visitors per year) and within a proposed Natural Heritage Area and a Special Area of Conservation